Monday, June 11, 2007

A Mystery Solved

When I first started this 'blog' thing, I was denied access to the account. I thought it was because our computers are a new system and our security settings were too high. I had some time on another system last week, though, and discovered that I was not getting access there, either. That made me think that maybe the link at the bottom of the tutorial page wasn't taking me to the right place. I tried bouncing around through the other blogs that were created and voila! I got through. I don't really know how or where, but I am here now! Sorry I can't be of more help - it truly is a mystery...

3 comments:

Eclectech Educator said...

Hello Terry,

I am glad that you were able to create a blog. I checked the links to determine if I had created an incorrect link, but the links direct participants to the Blogger index page.

Can you send the URL of the page you were directed to upon clicking
"Setting up a blog through Blogger, requires the creation of an account."

I like your family picture and the sepia tone. Was the picture printed with this effect or did you add a mask with a graphics program/freeware?

Terry Johanson said...

Hi Carlene,

I just tried the link in the tutorial again, and now it works. I am completely confused now. In the past, when I tried to use the 'account sign-in', it would redirect and just keep loading that same page. I DON'T know why it didn't work for 2 weeks and works now. I guess it will always remain a mystery.

My photo was changed to sepia using my 'picture project' software on my home computer. I am a scrapbooker, so really enjoy working with sepia, as it 'forgives' the fact that we were not a color-coordinated family that day.

Eclectech Educator said...

Terry,

Glad to hear the tutorial's links are correct.

To further enhance your photographs or images, please check out an upcoming tutorial entitled "Image Generators". If you cannot wait, I encourage you to try RockYou. My primary students love to upload photos and create slideshows using this freeware. My class blog is http://carlenewalter.edublogs.org/

Carlene